The Slip And Fall Problem

Research, based in part on insurance industry claims data, has revealed five major causes responsible for almost all slips, trips and falls. Although the actual percentages may vary from one industry to another, the following five causes have been well documented across different industry groups, environmental conditions, and geographies.

Although the walking surface is most likely to be identified as the primary cause of a slip, trip-and-fall accident, comprising 55% of all falls, the remaining 45% are attributable to four other factors, including footwear, fraud, hazard identification, and training. Therefore, a property owner's slip and fall prevention strategy should focus on a comprehensive approach that addresses all causes especially their floors.

There are many solutions to the problem of slippery floors and the majority of these problems occur on tiles. For a solution to slippery tiles, we have an Anti-Slip treatment for any tiled surface.